YOUR HOSPITAL – YOUR FUTURE
West Herts needs a brand new state-of-the-art hospital
We need your help – NOW
CHECK OUT THE NEW VIDEO AND UPDATE OF OUR CROWDFUNDER SITE- LINK ABOVE
STOP THE MADNESS
Help us defeat plans to squander £350 million of taxpayers’ money on the dilapidated Watford General Hospital. Support our fight for a new hospital.
WE’RE MORE THAN HALFWAY THERE
We’ve raised over £20,000 of the £38,000 we need. Why do we need this money? We believe that the Department of Health will listen to us if we present a professional solution, drawn up by credible experts. This is the only way to counter the disastrous plans being put to government by our local healthcare bodies. We have commissioned architects and costings experts to prove that it does not make economic sense to patch up Watford at great expense. A new hospital will be cheaper to run and will be built years earlier- and will vastly improve the lives of patients.
We need the remaining funds to pay for the rest of the necessary expert help. We want to be fully prepared when we meet the Secretary of State for Health in July.
You can donate at our crowdfunder site (link above) or direct to our bank account: West Herts 21C Hospital Solution , Lloyd’s Bank, Sort code 30-90-99, Account number 28468468
WHY WE NEED A NEW HOSPITAL- THE SHOCKING FACTS:
- In the last 20 years the population of West Herts has grown by 25%, but the hospital bed numbers have shrunk by 60%
- We have only a third of the UK average for hospital beds per ten thousand poulation ( 0.9% compared with 2.7%)
- This causes bedblocking and cancellation of operations, costing tens of millions of pounds each year
- Our hospital is so overcrowded it regularly has twice the UK average for breaches of the mixed-sex ward accommodation rules
- Our ambulance trust has the worst waiting times at A and E in the whole of England
- If you are rushed to hospital in an emergency, the default is that you will be taken to Watford General
WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE:
- A brand new acute hospital, built to 21st century standards, to serve the needs of the 650,000 people living in Watford, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans and surrounding communities
- An efficient hospital using the latest technology to reduce waiting times and dramatically improve patient care
- World class patient care, early and accurate diagnoses and prompt treatment
- Buildings that are future-proofed for medical advances and population growth
- A centrally located hospital with good public transport links for all of West Herts with plenty of free parking
OR WOULD YOU SETTLE FOR WHAT OUR LOCAL HEALTH AUTHORITIES ARE PROPOSING:
- Hundreds of millions of pounds spent on rebuilding and refurbishing outdated and inefficient facilities at Watford General Hospital
- Massive disruption for patients and staff for at least 12 years
- A hospital which is allowed to opt out of current NHS requirements, including for single and four bed rooms
- A hospital lagging behind in major diagnostics
- Poor access for cars, public transport and ambulances made worse by the location of the Premier League football club next door
- Continuing bed shortages, queuing ambulances, patients in corridors, and patients in inappropriate wards
The choice seems blindingly obvious to us, but we need your help to convince the government
Who are we?
We are a group of West Herts residents working voluntarily. We have no political affiliation.
We have one aim: to persuade the Department of Health that building a 21st century hospital is the best solution.
With your support we can raise the rest of the £38,000 necessary to achieve this for you, your children and your grandchildren.
This map shows the area covered by West Herts Hospitals Trust. If you live in this area this matters to you. Write to your MP, local and County councillors .